Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Friday Post: Race Signs

For anyone who has ever run a marathon or other big, you know you can usually expect to see plenty of fun spectator signs along the way. Many are specific to a particular runner, like "Go Dad!" or "Fred, you got this!" But there are plenty of awesome generic signs that can inspire every runner, or at least provide a good mid-race chuckle.

Too bad in the middle of a race our memories don't always work that well and we quickly forget some of the best signs. Well, the creative genius behind Jogging Jeans (which I've blogged about before) has created a relatively new site to capture some of the best race signs. Oddly enough, it's called Best Race Signs. I highly recommend checking the site out, but here a couple of my favorites:
I've seen "Don't Poop Your Pants" quite a few times, but I've never seen one this, um, family friendly before.
I never get tired of seeing signs about beer during a marathon since at that point I've usually been beer-free for about three weeks and am really looking forward to a cold one.

P.S. I'm going to be cheering at the New York Road Runners' Mini 10k, an women-only race, in a few weeks. Let me know if you have any great ideas for a mildly offensive/hilarious sign.

1 comment:

  1. Are you making fun of my new blog's title? ;)
    I lack neurons in the creative parts of my brain.
    Thanks again for the kind words.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete