Friday, February 24, 2012

Random Friday Post: Jogging in Jeans

I haven't had a day off of running in 11 days and it's Friday so I'm taking a rest day. Just because I'm not running, though, doesn't mean there needs to be radio silence here in blogland. I thought I would devote today's post to one of the most fun running related sites out there: Jogging in Jeans

We've all been out for a run or at the gym and seen someone who looked out of place. Last week I saw a man going for a run on the west side in slacks and oxfords. It doesn't sound comfortable to me, but he didn't seem to mind. Even stranger, though, is the whole sub-culture of folks who regularly run in denim. What's that, you say? You're unfamiliar with this amazing phenomenon? We'll fear not because the folks at Jogging in Jeans have you covered.

Some of the runners in these photos seem to be in on the joke (i.e., they wearing their jeans as a costume, not as their regular running outfit). But there are plenty of others who appear to don their jeans as naturally as the rest of us don our moisture-wicking-technical-don't-put-me-in-the-dryer-shorts.

I don't mean for this post to be a total throw-away: I have a point, sort of. I am a technical fabric convert. You won't see me running in cotton, but I have no problem with people who do. This whole idea that there are correct clothes to wear for a run seems to be a relatively recent development. I say run in whatever feels comfortable to you.

What this comes down to is one of my favorite things about running: there really is no special equipment necessary. Anyone can give it a go and anyone can have fun doing it.

Happy Friday!

_______
Note: All photos in this post are from joggingjeans.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the JoggingJeans.com shout-out!

    I have your site bookmarked and will be back!

    ReplyDelete