Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mid-Week Musings

As the Olympics continue it's been really nice to see all the positive coverage that American runners are getting. Given all that coverage, I figure you're probably getting a healthy dose of Olympics from your TV watching, newspaper reading, and water cooler talk so I'm not going to touch on the games today--though I'm really excited that Galen Rupp and Mo Farah will be in the 5000m final, especially given their great 10000m performances. (Oops, couldn't help myself).

Anyway, I offer you three haikus inspired by my recent training experiences.

 
The Ice Bath
Fill the tub with ice,
Water, time to soak, get in
Jesus Christ it's cold


Gu
Solid food is rough
Scientists created gel
This stuff tastes like crap


Post Run Meal
Post run must refuel
Ingest carbs protein and salt
Beer and nachos work

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending this post off to my RunningHaiku.net friend. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that blog before but I'll be adding it to my reading list.

      Delete