Monday, August 27, 2012

Taking the Easy Way Out

I am normally an all-kinds-of-weather runner. Running in a freak October blizzard? Check. Running in a hurricane tropical storm? Check. Triple-digit heat? Check. Freak lunchtime downpour? Not so much.

Today on my lunch break I went for what was supposed to be a nice easy run over the Manhattan Bridge and back. My office doesn't have windows (hey, at least I have a door that shuts) so I never know exactly what the weather will be doing when I get outside (yes, I've heard of weather.com, but half the time it's wrong and the other half the time I'm too lazy to check it). Anyway, when I went outside it was drizzling slightly. Okay, I said to myself, you got this. It's better than extreme humidity.

Unfortunately, just as I was running under the Brooklyn Bridge, mother nature decided to go crazy on me. Niagara Falls was literally transported 400 miles to New York City where its force was unleashed over lower Manhattan.

Maybe that was an exaggeration. Maybe.

Anyway, I gave up and did 4 miles on the dreadmill at the gym down the street from my office. Yes, I may have finished my run soaked in sweat, but at least I didn't get rained on.

1 comment:

  1. Best Corporate Video Production Company in Bangalore and top Explainer Video Company, 3d, 2d Animation Video Makers in Chennai
    Awesome article. good read blog. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete