Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Haikus: Mini Edition


Somehow we've made it through another week. I don't know about you, but I always find that the first full week after a holiday seems to drag on forever. I've got a big weekend planned:

1) Tomorrow I'll be cheering on my female teammates at NYRR's Mini 10k. They'll return the favor at the Portugal 5 Miler next week. To keep things interesting, the men on our team made a friendly wager with the women about who'll have the better cheering. I'm not sure who the neutral arbiter will be though I'm not expecting a close contest.

2) After the Mini I'm going camping! I haven't been camping in ages so this should be fun. I just hope I can find a Chinese joint that will deliver to my tent.

Anway, enough about my weekend. Here's your Friday haiku fix.
 
 
Last year's Mini. Photo credit: SeeNancyRun
Running in the Rain
Cold, wet, skies gray, run,
Summer changes perspective
This is heavenly



A Classic Race
Women running fast
No men to steal their thunder
The Mini 10K



A Running Hazard
Loose, flapping, each step
Comes closer to falling off
Good bye big toenail


1 comment:

  1. What's the prize for cheering? Because I've seen you cheer runners before, they might as well just hand it over to you.

    ReplyDelete