Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Haikus: Taper Crazies Edition


Another week is coming to an end which means I'm another week closer to Marathon Monday. I'm at the point in my taper where I can't decide how I feel. Part of me is so ready to get this whole marathon thing over so I can go back to leading a "normal" life, one where I get to go out occasionally and can sleep past 6:30 a.m. at least a couple days a week. 

The other part of me is freaking the fudge out. Wait, I have to run 26.2 miles, AGAIN!?! And I have to run it fast? That part of me wants the race to hold off indefinitely. Ultimately, I know I'll be pumped come next weekend and while the nerves won't go away, they'll turn into a more positive energy. For now though, I'll continue to have this weird internal imbalance. 

Anyway, while my taper crazies continue to eat away at my soul wreak havoc on my digestive tract mess with my head, I leave you with a few Friday haikus. 



Break Them in Before the Race
Photo credit: Reddit

New shoes, feet on clouds
Glorious, until, what's that?
A nasty blister 


Deep Thoughts Mid-Run

Didn't go before
So much regret,  gotta stop
Never trust a fart 


Is It Race Day?

Been hitting refresh
On the BAA website
Countdown clock's too slow




No comments:

Post a Comment