Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Haikus: Three Days to Boston Edition

At this time tomorrow I'll be in a car with my wife, our two dogs, and a couple of teammates heading up to Boston for the marathon. Between now and then, though, I have a lot to do: I still have a full day of work (I'll be very productive and efficient, I'm sure); I still have to pack (though I had every intention of doing so last night); and I still have to watch Spirit of the Marathon for the zillionth time (a pre-marathon ritual of mine). Thankfully, one thing you don't see on the last is writing haikus because they're already good to go.

Without further ado, I present you with my final round of pre-Boston haikus.


Me at last year's expo
Dangers of the Expo
 
So many samples
Clif, Gu, Nuun--tried lots of each
Now my tummy aches



All Packed

Pepto, Tylenol,
Imodium, benadryl
Pre-race bag of tricks



Monday, April 20th

Three months of training,
Runs on ice, in sleet, in snow
All come down to this




No comments:

Post a Comment