Monday, March 5, 2012

A Lazy Pre-Race Day

I'll have a race report for Sunday's half posted soon (today or tomorrow), but I never got a chance to post about my gloriously uneventful Saturday so I figured I would do that first.

With no long run to do, I had no reason to wake up early on Saturday so I didn't. I slept in! Until 8:30! It was awesome! It's rare that I get to have a truly lazy morning but I let myself have one this weekend. I made coffee, had a nice leisurely breakfast, and went to the gym for some serious stretching and foam-rolling. I then spent a good couple hours packing, cleaning, and watching Netflix.

It may not sound like an exciting day, but that's the point: it wasn't. I tend to be go-go-go type, but every once in a while it's nice to have a truly lazy, ordinary, only mildly-productive day. This was a good reminder of what I have to look forward to during the post-Boston recovery period. For now, though, it's time to get back on the training bandwagon, to buckle down, and concentrate on these final weeks of serious preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment